I was the third five sons..........he settled in London as a doctor and got married.



I was the third five sons. My father sent me at fourteen years old to Cambridge University, where I worked hard. But he could not afford to keep me there for more than three years. For the next four years, I studied medicine under Mr. Bates, a famous doctor. I always believe that one day I should travel. I, therefore, spent small sums of money in gaining knowledge that would be valuable to a traveler.

When I left Mr. Bates my father and other relations gave me enough money to study medicine at Leyden University in Holland.

Soon after my return from Leyden I was appointed doctor on the Swallow, in which I made several voyages. Then I settled in London as a doctor. I took part of a small house and got married.

Summary: The narrator was the third of the five sons of his father. Though his father sent him to Cambridge University to study medicine, he could not maintain his educational expenses. He studied for four years under Mr. Bates. He had a mind to become a traveler. So he saved money in a frugal manner. He then studied medicine at Leyden University in Holland. He made several voyages returning from Leyden. At last, he settled in London as a doctor and got married.

1 comment:

  1. The Borgata, The Venetian, The Water Club, The Water Club, The
    The Water Club, The Water Club, The Water Club, The Water Club, 성남 출장마사지 The Water Club, 광양 출장샵 The Water Club, The Water Club, The Water Club, 공주 출장마사지 The Water Club, The Water 안산 출장안마 Club, The Water Club, 목포 출장샵 The

    ReplyDelete